Friday, February 8, 2013

The Introduction

Hi everybody.  I have been pushed by Spirit to start writing this blog.  I have no idea where this is leading but I find that when I trust and follow through great things always happen.  My name is Nathan and I have been studying Spiritualism, healing and mediumship for the past five years.  In 2011 I was lucky to be part of a group of people who founded the First Spiritualist Church of Rhode Island.  This was the beginning of Spirit really pushing me out to become more of a speaker.  As I would talk to people at church many would say to me, when are you going to write your book?  I thought about it for a while, even started writing one for about a week, but never felt I had enough new and interesting things to say. 

One day I was driving home from work and I heard very clearly that Spirit wanted me to start writing.  Playing the smart guy I asked them, why don't you tell me what to write about then, since I had been unsuccessful in the past.  Their reply was very simple, "Sit and write.  Let it be about the lessons you learned while writing a book."  This message blew me away.  If the book was about learning from writing the book, then really to know what the book was about I had to just sit and start typing.  So I did.  I asked a simple question and then quickly, just typing fast enough to keep up with the thoughts forming in my head, I typed out an answer.

I was a little in awe at first.  I had read books formatted in such a way, that was not new to me.  But never did I think I could sit and ask Spirit and then literally type out a response.  So I kept on doing it.  Now I am over 20,000 words in and I am still loving the process.  So much so that when I felt pushed to created this blog from Spirit I no longer felt any hesitation.  I know now that Spirit is really here with us, ready to answer our questions if we are willing to ask them. 

At first I struggled with what to name this blog.  I liked having it be connected to my art site which is natesart.com.  At the same time I wasn't sure if calling it Nates Messages seemed like I was taking all the credit when of course Spirit is doing most of the work.  Then I remembered one of Spirit's first lessons for me was that we work as a team, they need us to help communicate messages as much as we need them.  That was my confirmation from Spirit that it was okay to include my name in the title.  That is how I came upon Nate's Messages - Channeled Through Spirit.

So here I am, ready to do my best to translate the thoughts that pop into my head into words and paragraphs that are easy for you to understand.  When you see typing such as this it is coming directly from me.  When you see words typed in italics that is me translating for Spirit.  I hope that you enjoy the words we have to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment